Wednesday 4 July 2018

July Goals



It's July now, which means three things: 1. This year is flying by at a rate that I'm not comfortable with. 2. We're more than halfway through the year now, 3. We're that little bit closer to Christmas! How exciting?! This month is set to be a good 'un, with me and my friend Steph heading to the British Summertime Festival in Hyde Park in two weeks time, to see Paul Simon and James Taylor, and all of the birthdays. It's going to very busy. So let's set some goals.

Become a morning person

I couldn’t be less of a morning person if I actually tried.  For one thing I’m not a person in the mornings. I’m an exhausted zombie who can’t effectively communicate until I’ve chugged a Coke Zero and at least two cups of tea, and even then I’m not exactly responsive. I come alive at night. I have more energy and I just get shit done. Sadly, life’s more successful people tend to be early risers, or ‘larks’, while night owls like me are more susceptible to stress and depression, and we die younger. Thanks, science! It’s a predetermined genetic bitch! And it is a real bitch! Now I know it’s not possible to change my genes, I am a night person and getting up earlier won’t change that. But right now it feels like there aren’t enough hours in the day to do everything I want and need to do whilst still getting enough sleep. I just need a bit more time, and the only way I can get that is by getting up earlier. Which means going to bed earlier. Yay!

Be consistent

I have a very all or nothing approach to well, everything. Either I’m eating healthily and working out five times a week or I’m existing on a diet of Hula Hoops and Rosé and getting basically no sleep. There is no inbetween. And I’m like this with everything. However, consistency is apparently the key to success, or so I keep being told, and goddamnit I want to be successful.

Be kinder to myself 

The voice in my head is a bit of a dick. It's always telling me that I'm not good enough, or I'm too loud or that my skirt's tucked into my knickers, when it isn't. It's just generally quite nasty. And it sucks. Sometimes, it takes on a much nastier tone, and I really attack myself for absolutely everything. It's not nice, and its something that really needs to change. 


What are your goals for the month? Let me know in the comments below xx




2 comments:

  1. Great goals :) I am definitely a morning person, but I definitely feel like I need to take it a bit easier at times. I always get up and go every day! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, lovely! :) You lucky thing! I’m so jealous of morning people. You must get so much done! Although definitely make sure you get in some quality me time xx

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins