Wednesday 27 June 2018

The Elemis Travel Set of Dreams



Summer holiday season is upon us, and even though my poor passport is gathering dust, with no plans of jet setting on the horizon (sob!), I can still appreciate a good travel set, because travel minis are one of my favouritest things. Really. They're just so cute. Speaking of cute, this Elemis x Lily & Lionel luxury travel collection is the very definition of the word, and is packed full with bloody lovely skincare bits to keep your skin in tip top condition while travelling. Let's have a closer look. 



To create this, quite frankly stunning,  travel set, Elemis partnered with Lily and Lionel, a UK-based fashion house known for creating beautiful and quirky prints. Think Cath Kidston, but way cooler. Called Daydream, this Elemis-exclusive print is pretty and cool, and just screams summertime, with its pastel geometric shapes and cute, kitschy badges. It’s such a pretty print, and I love it that much that I'm actually tempted to use it as a handbag. BECAUSE LOOK HOW PRETTY! If I was a little bit cooler I could even get away with it. Want to know the best part? The bag isn't even the best part. Oh no, this travel bag of dreams contains even dreamier skin care!




A good make up remover is really the cornerstone of any good travel set. I sounded like a right dick saying that, but I'm gonna stick with it because it's absolutely true. If you don't have a decent cleanser or make up remover then everything else in the set is basically useless. With that in mind, I was a bit disappointed when I saw this in the set instead of Elemis's amazing Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm, which I love and really gives the skin a deep cleanse. In fairness, I haven't tried this yet so I don't know how good it is, but I've had a little nosey at the website and it sounds nice enough. White Flowers is a bi-phase make up remover that is designed to gently cleanse the skin, including the delicate eye and lip areas, of all traces of make up. It contains White Peony extract, White Tea and vitamin B5 to soothe, hydrate and condition the skin, leaving it feeling clean and revitalised.



As someone who avoids foaming cleansers like the plague I was actually pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this. Unlike other foam cleansers I've tried, this one doesn't strip or dry out my already parched skin, I think it's because it contains Pracaxi oil which helps the skin maintain it's moisture levels. Other ingredients include fig extract and apple amino acids, to naturally produce the foamy texture without the use of detergents. It is designed to cleanse, purify and rebalance the skin whilst still being quite gentle. It also smells lush! (You can blame my friend Alice for the use of the word lush, she'll be so pleased!)



Despite having owned multiple bottles of this toner I’ve never actually tried the stuff, because my sister is obsessed with it, so whenever I get my hands on some, including this bottle, I just hand it over to her. Having said that I've heard her rave about it enough times so I think I've got a pretty good understanding of how it works and how good it is. Billed as 'gentle, purifying treatment' this toner contains lavender, quillja wood and Sweet Betty flower extract which works to rebalance the skin's natural pH level, leaving the skin soft, fresh and clear. It's also alcohol- and detergent-free, which if you're sensitive skinned like me and my sister is very good news. 



Peptide4, despite having quite a ridiculous name, is probably the thing I was most excited about when I saw it in the kit, because it's one of my absolute favourite Elemis products. Billed as a good night's sleep in a bottle Peptide 4 is designed to 're-sync' the skin to natural circadian rhythms in order to boost reparation processes that naturally occur when you're sleeping. According to Elemis modern life, and just the sheer stress from existing in the 21st century, really fucks with your sleeping habits, knocking them out 'out of sync', which in turn really fucks with your skin. 

I'll be honest, I don't know if I buy into this, it all sounds very lovely, but I'm a sceptic by nature. Anyway, the product itself, a nifty little hybrid that combines the comfort of a cream with the intense nourishment of an oil, is bloody lovely and smells incredible. Its formulated with Perilla Seed oil and  Night Scented Stock, an Elemis exclusive, which is rich in omega 3, vitamin E and anti-oxidants, to leave the skin looking restored, replenished and rebalanced, and basically like you've had a great night's sleep



The Pro Collagen Marine Cream is one of Elemis’ hero products, if not THE hero product, and is one of my absolute faves.  Formulated with Padina Pavonica, a type of Mediterranean algae, Gingko Biloba and rose and mimosa extracts the Marine Cream is designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as tone, firm and hydrate the skin, while offering protection from free radicals. It's just lovely, and actually does what it says it will. I love this stuff.




Whenever I'm travelling I always have to take a decent body wash with me, partly because I don't trust the hotel to provide decent toiletries, and partly because I have really sensitive skin that reacts to basically everything. The Frangipani Monoi Shower Cream is one of my absolute favourites - alongside Soaper Douper's Shea Butter Body Wash, which, shit packaging aside, is bloody lovely - because my skin doesn't react to it at all and it smells absolutely gorgeous! It Tahitian Monoi Oil and Tiare Flower-infused Copra Oil to nourish and condition, and Frangipani Oil for the lovely scent.  



Like the Frangipani Monoi Body Wash, the Frangipani Monoi Body Oil is good at taking care of your skin, and smells downright delicious. A multi-use dry oil designed for the skin, hair and nails, it absorbs really quickly and is formulated with coconut oil and Tiare and Frangipani extracts to intensely nourish dry skin. It also has lovely packaging.


What are your skincare must haves when travelling? 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins