Monday 5 March 2018

March Goals 2018



I can’t believe I’m already setting my goals for March! The passage of time honestly terrifies me!  Seriously, in my head 2006 was only two weeks ago. Nevertheless here we are and my goals aren’t going to set themselves now are they?


Take better care of myself

This is a really important one, because I’ve been saying this in different iterations for months! Get more sleep. Go to the gym. Eat better. All of the above! The harsh reality is I just don’t take good enough care of myself. I go to bed late every night, I haven’t been to the gym since January - I blame February, it just went by so fast! - and I eat like an unsupervised toddler at a birthday party! I’m not proud to say this but I had fruitella for dinner twice last week! So I really need to start taking better care of me. If that means a 9:30 bedtime (YES PLEASE!), going to the gym three times a week (I’ve done it before, I can do it again) and only eating broccoli (Fuck!), while I make more time to just chill (Again YES PLEASE!) then so be it.

Buy Ban - No books, no beauty products

There are two things in life that I can never resist spending money on: books and beauty products. And it's becoming a real problem. Last week I bought six books! Six! When I already own at least 10, maybe even 20, that I haven't actually read yet. Books aren't even my biggest vice. No, no, no my biggest vice is beauty products. I own so many! I think it's quite possible that I now own ALL the skincare. And yet I still spend a large chunk of my wages on beauty products. It's getting to be quite the problem. The most annoying thing about is that I don't even need them. It's just ridiculous.

Up my guitar game

I've been playing guitar for about two years and even though I practice all the time I'm still below average. I've totally plateaued. And I want to be really, really good. Slash good. My theory is that I need to pick a really hard song and play it until I nail it, and that will help me get over this mediocre bump in the road that I seem to have hit. 

GET SOME SLEEP!

I cannot stress enough just how rubbish my sleeping habits are. I don't get a good night's sleep. Ever. I think it's because I'm both a terminal worrier, which will stop anyone from sleeping, and a total night owl. I spend my entire day at work yawning my head off, and throwing back cups of extra strong breakfast tea - I don't drink coffee - as fast as they can be handed to me. The minute I get home I'm wide awake. It's a nightmare. I would love to be a morning person, but I'm just not. Having said that, I could at least try to get into some good sleeping habits. Maybe going to bed before one in the morning is a good place to start. 

Learn something new

I have what I lovingly refer to as a hyper-active brain, and what I mean by that is that I find it difficult to focus on things for longer than 45 minutes. It's not impossible but it is a struggle. It's why I don't really watch films anymore. I think that learning a new skill might help improve my concentration. Finishing my driving lessons is definitely a candidate, however I've learnt all the basics, now it's more a matter of confidence. Anyway, I don't know what I want to learn, driving is an option, but so is flower arranging... maybe not flower arranging, I don't like having cold hands. If anyone has any suggestions let me know in the comments :) 

Read more

I read quite a lot, or I definitely used to. I used to be able to get through books, as in more than one, in a day. Now I consider it a real achievement if I read more than one book a month. I used to love reading, I still do, but doing my MA in English Lit kind of made me not want to read ever again. News flash: don't study something you love kids, it will kill all love you ever had for it. Anyway, like I said earlier, I have a mountain of books that I would really like to read, and an hour long commute to and from work everyday. I should be able to do this. 

What are your goals for the month? xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins