Thursday 10 December 2015

The Christmas Tag



Sorry guys, it's another late one tonight.  I'm really sorry I know I've been a bit rubbish lately. I have to tell you I've had one hell of a day; involving an argument with a 6ft Christmas tree, a hunt for a Christmas tree stand and having to buy all new Christmas decorations, although that bit was quite fun. Anyway it's's beginning to look and feel a lot like Christmas, to honour that I thought I would do the Christmas Tag. This tag has been floating around online since last year, at least, BUT I didn't get round to it. So here it is just for you lovely people.

1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?

ALL THE CHRISTMAS MOVIES! If I have to choose one definitive favourite then it's The Grinch. I love it. It's magical, awesome, hilarious, super quotable (MAX! Help me... I'm feeling!)and heartwarming, what more could you want from a Christmas Movie? But seriously I love Christmas Movies. Other favourites of mine are Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Elf, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Muppet's Christmas Carol, The Santa Clause, Love Actually... the list goes on and on (read more about my favourite Christmas movies here and here)

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?

We open them on Christmas Morning. When I was really little me and my brother and sister used to always beg my mum to let us open our presents on Christmas Eve, and we would be allowed to open one before bed. There have been a couple of years where I've had to wait until after Christmas Dinner to open my presents, and needless to say, it was pure torture

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?

When I was about 3 we had this big family Christmas at my Nan and Grandad's house. Me and my cousins all got little electric cars, mine was a little red ferrari, that we could drive around in. Our Dads took us outside so we could test drive them and my Uncle was recording everything on this giant video camera, I thought he was taking pictures and me, being the teeny tiny poser I was,  stopped to smile and drove straight into a bush. Even now it makes me chuckle. My Uncle caught it all on video, so somewhere in the world exists a video a teeny, tiny me, obliviously, driving a teeny, tiny car into a bush.

4. Favourite Festive Food?

Again my answer is ALL OF IT. I love festive food. I love Christmas Dinner, I love Gingerbread Men, I love Terry's Chocolate Orange. I just love party food. I'm also partial to a cheese board. I said it and I meant it ALL THE FOOD.

5. Favourite Christmas Gift?

This is quite a tough one because I can't really remember. Christmas always seemed so much more magical when I was little. OOH I just remembered, when I was 7 or 8 me and my sister really wanted Furbys. They were the sell out toy that year and we didn't think we would get them but my mum queued up outside Toys R Us  from 11 o'clock at night until 7 o'clock in the morning to get Furbys for us and she did, she got them. Honestly it was the best present ever, even though looking back Furbys are pretty much the scariest toys in the world. Even so I loved mine. BRB going to give my mum a hug. This could also be a favourite Christmas memory.

6.  Favourite Christmas Scent?

TINSEL! I know that it's essentially plastic but nothing makes me feel more Christmassy than the smell of tinsel. I love it. It just reminds me of being  really little and  being so excited for Father Christmas to come. I also LOVE the Christmas Treats Yankee Candle, it smells amazing, like the best cake is baking in the oven. Oh I love it.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditons?

I don't have any family traditions anymore, we used to always leave a mince pie and a glass of milk for Father Christmas and a carrot for Rudolph when I was little, but apparently I'm 'too old' to do that now. Whatever. Now I always make a giant mug of hot chocolate (read about a great hot chocolate recipe here) and fall asleep watching The Grinch in bed.

8. What tops your tree?

If I was is in charge of decorations then it would be a shining, gold star BUT I live at home with my mum, who is very... particular  about Christmas Decorations so there is no star. Instead there is a giant, red bow. I don't hate the bow, it's just not a star.

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?

There were two things: 1. Horse, obviously, I''m pretty sure every little girl wanted a horse.  2. I wanted to be Queen of Disney World, not realising that it wasn't in my mother's power to make that happen. I also wanted every Barbie ever but I never got those either.

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?

Christmas is my favourite time of year, it's magical. I love everything about it. I even love the stress filled lead up to Christmas. I love spending time with my cray family. Obviously I love getting presents but I love giving them as well. I love ridiculously cheesy Christmas music. I love all the food. I love the decorations. I love the films. I fricking LOVE Christmas. So all of it is the best part.


If you guys wanted to do this tag I have left the questions for you to copy & past below.

1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
3. Do you have a favourite Chrismas memory?
4. Favourite festive food?
5. Favourite Christmas gift?
6. Favourite Christmas scent?
7. Do you have ay Christmas Eve traditions?
8. What tops your tree?
9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?

Let me know if you do the Christmas tag either on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for updates. 

Love love love xxx

*Disclaimer* I do not own the image used in this post. Image used for entertainment purposes only. Image Via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins