Tuesday 24 November 2015

Lola Rocks #8: 5 Songs I'm OBSESSED with!

It's no secret that music is kinda my thing.  Little known fact about me I originally wanted to blog about music, but it turns out it's really quite difficult to describe a song in terms other than 'omigodIloveitsomuch!' But since I've been gone (Kelly Clarkson reference! kind of...) there have been 5 songs that I have been listening to constantly that I thought you guys should know about.




Dead in this House by IAMX - Just a quick heads up IAMX makes up over half this playlist. Don't let the creepy and somewhat unsettling title of the song put you off, because it is incredible. IAMX is the stage name for English musician Chris Corner. His voice is haunting and so beautiful to listen to. Dead in this House is the first song that introduced me to his work so it has a special place in my heart but his other songs are just as awesome

I am Terrified by IAMX -  OmigodIloveitsomuch, It's so good. There's a line in this song that feels like IAMX is speaking directly to me 'I am terrified, I think too much, I'm emotional, when I drink too much.' That's pretty much me in a nutshell... Not that I ever drink too much ;)

The Great Shipwreck of Life by IAMX - Another fantastic song from IAMX. I can't even describe my obsession, just trust me it's fabulous. I heard this in a recent episode of How to Get Away with Murder (it was a great episode, just fyi) and I was immediately obsessed.

Secrets by State Champs - American Pop Punk is not my usual cup of Gingerbread Green Tea but I've made an exception in this case because this song is just so gosh darn good.

Working Together by Tina & Ike Turner - I straight up LOVE Tina Turner, Simply the Best is one of my absolute favourite songs of all time, and Working Together is one more in a long line of hits. In my eyes Tina can do no wrong. I first heard it in the background of an episode of Orange is the New Black and have been listening to it ever since. It's brilliant.

Now I'm not a huge fan of spotify, mostly because I don't know how to use it BUT if you guys would be interested in listening to the music I love then I would be willing to learn and make playlists and stuff for you. Also how would people feel about a monthly playlist post? If you're interested in either of those things then let me know.

What songs are you loving right now? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for updates.

Love love love xxx

*Disclaimer* I own none of the images used, images used for entertainment purposes only. Images Via, Via, Via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins