Sunday 27 September 2015

The Weekly Round Up #4: Hot Cloth Cleansers, The Balm & Nineties Movies

Hi Guys! I hope everyone's had a good week! I've been doing a load of over time at work, I have a very expensive make up habit to support, so this is the first opportunity I've had to sit down and round up my week. Lets do this! 



No 7 Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth Cleanser - I'm not normally a huge fan of No 7, I mean I have a few bits but nothing I really, really love. That was until I found this hot cloth cleanser at the back of my beauty drawer, where it's been lurking for years,  and I've very quickly become obsessed. It is such a nice cleanser. I've been using it every night and it is so nice. It cleanses the skin so gently but really thoroughly as well and because it's hypo-allergenic even super sensitive skinned lasses like myself can use it. I just massage a pump of the cleanser into my skin, pop a hot cloth onto my face for 5 minutes before removing the excess. It has made my skin feel so soft and nourished and it just feels really luxurious to lie back and relax while it works it's magic. I really like it but, sadly, it looks like Boots don't sell this exact cleanser anymore (I told you I'd had it years) BUT No 7 do have a Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser that looks really similar, you can get that here




The Balm Balm Voyage Vol. 2 Pallet - I literally picked this up today, as in like 4 hours ago, and am that excited about it, it just had to feature in this week's weekly round up. The Balm is a brand I've heard of but never tried anything from so when I saw this in the beauty aisle of T.K. Maxx (Side note: beauty lovers definitely check out the beauty aisle in your local T.K. Maxx. I always find such good stuff in mine!) I was intrigued, and after a quick nosy at the inside I knew I had to have it. First of all I LOVE the packaging, it is so cute and fun and vintage looking. I love it. Now I haven't had the chance to play with this properly yet but from just a cursory glance I can tell you that this would be a fabulous pallet for travelling, hmmm... maybe that's why it's called The Balm Voyage pallet, not just because the packaging is super sleek and compact and would travel well but because it has EVERYTHING. It has 2 cheek & lip tints, 2 blushes, a bronzer, a highlighter and 9 eyeshadows, with a nice mix of matte and shimmer shades. I will be doing a proper review soon, so keep an eye out for that, but so far I am very impressed and can see myself getting a LOT of use out of this. Plus it normally retails at £32, a fairly steep price tag I think we can all agree, but I got it for £19.99, bonus! 

*Blog Update: I've since found it cheaper on amazon, you can pick it up by following the above link, don't say I never treat you ;)*



I've been loving really silly comedies from the 90s this week. Like a lot. I was already a huge Wayne's World fan (of both 1 & 2) because hello it is awesome, super quotable and ridiculously funny! Garth is my spirit animal! If I was a guy that is who I would be, well a cross between him and Nick from New Girl. But Chasing Amy was new to me.  I was told to watch it by a friend from work and I loved it. It's part of Kevin Smith's View Askewniverse, so if you like Clerks or Mallrats, anything that features Jay and Silent Bob, you will definitely like Chasing Amy. It's really funny with a few WTF?! moments but it's actually quite sweet as well and is a really good story. I liked it a lot. I watched it twice. I definitely recommend it, both are on netflix and are well worth checking out if you're in the mood for some giggles.

What have you been loving this week? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest  for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

*Disclaimer* All images except those of Chasing Amy & Wayne's World are owned by myself. I do not own the images of Chasing Amy & Wayne's World. Images used for entertainment purposes only. Images Via, Via.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins