Wednesday 26 November 2014

The Me Time Tag

I originally saw The Me Time Tag in an EssieButton video and since then it's been making the rounds in the blogosphere so I thought I’d have a crack at it. I’ve never done a tag post before and thought it might be a laugh. 



1.   What do you like to watch or read during me-time? 

It's the start of the festive season which means that right now I’m seriously loving watching Christmas films and really getting into the Festive Spirit. My all-time favourite is The Grinch (read more about that here) TV wise I am OBSESSED with Scandal and How to Get Away with Murder, they're amazing and so addictive. At the moment I'm re-watching the first two seasons of New Girl and I seriously forgot how funny it is. I’m also really loving this year’s I’m a Celebrity (do NOT get me started on Kendra ergh!) What can I say I love TV. I also really love youtube and can lose hours and hours surfing it. 

I’m doing an MA in English Literature so even though I really do love reading it's what I spend most of my time doing. So when I’m enjoying a bit of me-time it’s kinda the last thing I want to do. Having said that if I'm in the mood for a spot of reading it will either be what I’m currently reading (at the moment it’s What a Girl Wants by Lindsey Kelk), I also love reading other blogs, my faves are Vivianna does Makeup and LilyPebbles.

2.  What do you wear during me-time?

 Okay so this may be too much information but the first thing I do during me-time is take my bra off, I cannot relax until my boobs have been liberated from boob jail.  After the girls have been freed I’ll probably put on pyjamas or sweats, some snuggly socks and my super cosy uni hoodie and I am ready for some serious relaxation.

3. What are your favourite me-time beauty products?

I love ALL the products. When I’m getting down to some serious pampering I like to put a hair mask on, I love the Herbal Essences Bee Strong Strengthening Intensive Mask. I'll then put on a face mask, at the moment my favourites are the Quick Fix Facials Purifying Charcoal Mask and Nuxe Paris Masque Creme Fraiche de Beaute 24 Hr Soothing & Rehydrating Fresh Mask. Then I will slather my face in the Nude Progenius Treatment Oil and my skin feels beautiful. I also love painting my nails so once my face and hair masks are off I'll paint my nails. At the moment I'm really loving Sally Hansen Maximum Growth as a base coat. 

4. Current favourite nail polish?

This is such a hard question because I have so many that it's borderline ridiculous. My absolute favourite formulation is the Revlon Gel Envy Color Stay Longwear Nail Enamels because it lasts forever and is just amazing (read more about that here). So I would probably say it's definitely one of those, it's probably a two way tie between Dealer's Choice which is a really pretty turquoise, or Up the Ante which is a stunning, warm pinky purple. 

5. What do you eat or drink during me-time?


ALL THE FOOD! I jest... I jest. It depends what I'm in the mood for.  If I want something sweet I love cookies. Or cake. I made really nice brownies a couple of weeks ago and just thinking about them now is making my mouth water... (insert Homer Simpson drooling noise here). I really  love baking and not to blow my own horn or anything but I make amazing sausage rolls as well.  If I'm in the mood for something savoury then it has to be pringles, or doritos or crisps of any kind. They are so bad but they're soooo good. In terms of drinks I have a really bad fizzy drink habit, that I am desperately trying to quit, so it would probably be an ice-cold glass of Coke. I also love Green Tea with blueberry & raspberry and a spoonful of honey.  

6. Current favourite candle?

My favourite wintertime candle is the Christmas Treats Yankee Candle. It smells incredible, like something amazing is baking in the oven. The scent feels a room but is not overpowering and it burns nice and evenly which to me is a big deal. I love it. At the moment I only have a couple of the small candles but I will definitely be buying the full size. Another candle I absolutely love is the Peony & Primrose candle from Sainsburys for summertime. It has a gorgeous floral scent and lasts ages. 

7. Do you ever have outdoor me-time?

I'm not really an outdoorsy type of girl. Having said that I live quite close to the River Ouse and I love walking down by the river on my way to uni. If I'm really stressed then I need to be near water, it calms me right down. It's lovely. When I'm at home home then I love walking the dogs through the woods. The could be considered me-time I suppose. 

8. Would you ever go and watch a film alone?

I haven't but I think I would. I've been to the theatre and concerts by myself and I didn't have any problem with that. I really want to see The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 but nearly everyone I know has already seen it so I might go to that alone. I'll keep you posted. 

9. Favourite online shop?

Hmmm this is a tough one. I probably spend most of my money on Amazon but I really love Asos. I also love browsing through etsy and ebay. 

10. Anything to add? What else do you during me-time?


SLEEP! I love sleep, and I really like having a spare few hours with nothing to do and just drifting off to sleep. It's Heaven. Knitting is another thing I do during me-time and baking. I'm an old woman at heart.

So that was my first ever tag post! I hope you liked it. If you want to do the post yourself you can copy & paste the questions below. If you do The Me Time tag let me know in the comments below, on twitter or by dropping me an email lolarocknroses@gmail.com so I can check it out :)

1.What do you like to watch or read during me-time?
2.What do you wear during me-time?
3. What are your favourite me-time beauty products?
4. Current favourite nail polish?
5. What do you eat or drink during me-time? 
6. Current favourite candle?
7. Do you ever have any outdoor me-time?
8. Would you ever go and watch a film alone?
9. Favourite online shop?
10. Anything to add? What else do you do during me-time?

So that's me for tonight but I'll be back soon with Lola Loves... Christmas Movies Part 2 so be sure to check that out. Until then be sure to check me out on twitter, instagram, facebook, Bloglovin and pinterest

Love love love xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins