Friday 16 May 2014

10 things I'm looking forward to when I finish my degree...

I am in the final weeks of my last year of uni and I am stressed beyond words. I mean seriously it has gotten to the stage where I am no longer sleeping because sleep is not a productive use of my time. The one thing keeping me going is the fact that in just over a week it will be over, the thought of which makes me both ecstatically happy and devastated at the same time. On Wednesday I handed in my dissertation and the feeling of relief was so intense, but sadly short lived with another essay due in today, an exam next week and yet another essay after that.

However I thought whilst I had a moment to spare (and it literally is just a moment) that I would catch up with you lovely lot and share the list of things I am looking forward to once it's all over (yay/sob).

Plucking my eyebrows - I am aware that this is such a weird thing to be excited about, but normally I am incredibly strict with the upkeep of my eyebrows. Due to my incredibly heavy workload most of my normal routines that keep me looking human have been left by the wayside as I have been struggling to meet deadlines and as such my eyebrows are reminiscent of Charlie Simpson in his good old Busted days. I cannot wait to attack them with a pair of tweezers until they look normal again. I do not enjoy looking like a she-wolf. I'm sure they're not as bad as I think but as far as I'm concerned they are not acceptable.

Binge watching Seasons 2 and 3 of Once Upon a Time - I discovered Once Upon a Time rather late in the game, way back in December I obsessively watched the first season but from January onwards I got distracted by work and all 9 seasons of The US Office. Since then I have watched season 2 every now and then but I haven't had the time to sit down and watch every episode. So the minute my final essay has been handed I will be hibernating in my room with chocolate and cookies until the credits roll on the season 3 finale. I will also be binge watching Suburgatory.

Spring cleaning and reorganizing my room - Again this seems a strange thing to be excited about but ever since my dissertation completely took over my life my room has been a total mess.Whilst I am not the tidiest of people I do have my standards and at the moment my room looks like it has been hit by Hurricane Lauren, who has blown in grabbed what she needed before heading back to the library, leaving mess and devastation in her wake. I honestly cannot wait to get my room back to it's tidyish glory.

Watching Dirty Dancing - I don't think this one really needs an explanation. This just needs to happen soon.

Finishing the Divergent Trilogy/Re-reading The Hunger Games and reading just about everything else I haven't been able to - I am an avid reader and I absolutely hate it when I can't read the things I want too. I can't wait to take my kindle to the embankment and just read in the sunshine.

Getting back into a normal sleeping pattern - I miss sleep, so much. The fact that I am awake right now at 1:30 in the morning rather than happily sleeping is just agonizing.

Dying my hair - I truly hate dying my hair, it is boring, it takes forever, the fumes are poison and unbearable but alas, it is a necessary evil. Currently I have an inch of ash blonde hair trying to force it's way through all the red and I hate that too so I cannot wait to daub on the dye and make my roots history.

Taking a sunlit walk down by the riverside - I totally just made myself sound like Huckleberry Finn, proving that my three years studying English have not been for naught. The River Ouse is my happy place, it is just so beautiful and peaceful. I haven't been down there properly in so long. I can't wait to get down there.

Earning some money - again this is pretty self explanatory. I am so broke!

BLOGGING - I miss it so much!

One thing I'm not looking forward to is leaving, whilst the last 6 weeks have been an unrelenting bitch the last 3 years have been amazing and I am dreading leaving it behind.

Anyway until next time you lovely lot, check me out on twitter, facebook, BlogLovin, instagram & pinterest.

Love love love x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins