Monday 20 May 2013

My name is Lauren and I am addicted to nail polish

How the devil are you? I have been so caught up with uni work, revising and actual work that I haven't had time to do my nails in what feels like forever. So today I finally had some free time and decided to try out some of my new varnishes. As you know I have an enormous nail varnish obsession.  My nail varnish collection has gone into the triple digits, 112 to be exact, I don't even want to think about how much money that is.
So I finally had a little bit of time to paint my nails and I have to tell you my nails were in an awful state. They were chipped and raggedy and looked awful. I can't stand it if my nails are even a little bit chipped, so I don't know how I managed to go as long as I did without redoing them.

Anyway even though the weather has taken an annoying turn for the worse in the last couple of days I am still in the mood for summer and that means pastels. I have a lot of pastel colours already but I got paid on Friday and once again I was seduced by the incredibly tempting 3 for 2 in Boots and bought nail polish. No surprises there.

Rimmel Salon Pro Plus in Ultra Violet

Rimmel Salon Pro Plus in Peppermint

Rimmel Salon Pro Plus in Peppermint and Ultra Violet

I used two of my new ones, I bought Rimmel Salon Pro Plus in Peppermint and Ultra Violet. I think the colours look absolutely gorgeous together! What do you think?

I am so happy with the results it only took two coats to be completely opaque and I didn't need to do a white base coat which is a requirement for some polishes, particularly with pastel colours. I am also ridiculously happy that I haven't bitten my nails in just over a month (have you noticed?), and whilst they are still pathetically short they are significantly less so, the downside to this is they are so weak. Does anyone have any tips on how to strengthen nails? If so I would really love to hear them. You can let me know via twitter or by commenting below, if you do comment I try to always reply so do check  back. I love hearing from you :) x

Until next time check me out on twitter, facebook, BlogLovin, instagram & Pinterest

Love love love xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins