Wednesday 9 May 2018

May Goals



How is it May, already?! How?! Normally I hate starting posts like this, because it's such a bloody blogger cliche - and one I'm very guilty of - but the rate at which this year is moving at is terrifying me. Where has the time gone?! It's frightening! Anyway - existential crises aside - it's been a while since I last set any goals, and now seems as good a time as any for me to make some changes.

Stop procrastinating

I'm a terrible time waster! Seriously, my powers of procrastination are second to none. As I write this I'm also watching old episodes of Bake Off on Netflix and paying way more attention to Mary Berry than what I'm actually typing. I know full well that I'd get this post done quicker, and would do a much better job, if I was giving it my undivided attention but I just can't help myself. I also just took a five minute break from this sentence to scroll through instagram. I have a problem!

Make better use of my free time

I'm always working. Always. I'm either actually at work, or I'm editing videos or working on my blog. I don't stop, and I always have something to do. I really don't have a lot of free time, and usually I'm so knackered that I don't make the most of the free time I do have. I either want to take a little nap, that lasts a whole weekend, or crash in front of Netflix. There's nothing wrong with either of those things, in fact they're both splendid ways to spend some time, but I've recently realised that my time is limited. And I don't mean day to day, although it is, I mean that one day I won't exist anymore. Now, while I'm fully prepared to admit that I am definitely in the throes of a quarter life crisis, it's a very scary thought, and there is so much I want to do. Like learning to play the piano, or reading everything Bryony Gordon has ever written, or getting really, really good at guitar. So I'd better get to doing it really, hadn't I? On that note I'm off to learn the guitar riff from Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight. 

What are your goals this month? xx



2 comments:

  1. I love this and I definitely want to start making better use of my free time. I want to make sure I'm spending more time reading and blogging rather than looking at my phone. xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s such a good goal. I’m terrible with my phone! It’s so easy to get stuck in a loop of just staring at it though. Good luck! X

      Delete

Latest pins