Saturday 5 November 2016

My High End Skincare Wish List


Untitled #4

Skincare is one of my favourite things. I could, and frequently do, wax lyrical about my favourite skincare items, so that's exactly what I'm going to do today. Last week I shared my Budget Skincare faves (read it here), so this week I thought I would share my ultimate high end skincare lust haves. The products that are dying to make their way into my collection and become part of my skincare routine.


GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment - £39 from GlamGlow

I love a good clay mask, as I type this there is a handful of Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque working it's magic on my chops. I've only ever heard good things about GlamGlow as a brand, and the reviews for the Supermud Clearing Treatment are incredible. With an ingredients list boasting AHA and BHA acids, among others, the mask draws oils and impurities out of the skin, reduces the appearance of pores and spots and evens texture, leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth. Apparently you can actually see your pores unclogging, which I imagine is both disgusting and oddly satisfying, like looking at the back of blackhead strips. It's gross but we all do it.  I really can't wait to try this. Is it too early to pop it on my Christmas List? No of course not, Halloweens over now.

Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask -  $26 from Sephora

I always get painfully dry lips in the winter, whenever the weather changes I'm left battling with a pout that closely resembles the back end of a cat. Not good, especially when matte liquid lipsticks are my jam, and  they're not exactly known for their moisturising formulas. My battered tub of Snoopy Carmex has been serving me well for quite some time now but I'm always after a good lip balm that will soothe and plump my pout. Enter Bite Beauty's Agave Lip Mask, a firm favourite of  The Anna Edit,  this seems to pack one hell of a punch in the moisture stakes. A thick and nourishing formula that soothes and hydrates the lips. I want it, I want it, I want it. Please?

Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask - £39.50 from CultBeauty

I imagine this would have similar results to the GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment, with both containing AHA acids, and you know being masks. Does that stop me wanting/needing to own both of them? No, it most certainly does not! Since using, and falling completely in love with, Oskia's Renaissance Cleansing Gel and realising the awesome power of pumpkin enzymes, seriously they're amazing!, I've been dying to try Peter Thomas Roth's now cult Pumpkin Enzyme Mask. This mask is known for it's awesome skin clearing powers, it unclogs pores, even removes some of the more superficial blackheads, improves texture and brightens the skin, whilst leaving it glowy and baby soft. Pumpkins, is there anything they can't do?! Other than make a palatable latte, because they cannot do that. No matter what Starbucks and the rest of the population says.

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum - £50 for 30ml from Estée Lauder

Estée Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Serum has been a cult classic in the beauty community for a long old time now. And after trying a sample of the stuff I can see why. Essentially ANR works overnight to repair the day's damage. This thick liquidy loveliness dramatically reduces the appearance of spots - can you tell that I'm a sucker for anything that promises clearer skin? - , nourishes and hydrates the skin, protects from environmental factors and creates the optimum conditions for skin to heal. I've only tried it a few times but it makes my skin feel amazing. I'm gonna need to get my hands on a full size. Soon.

Kate Somerville EradiKATE Acne Treatment - $26 from Sephora

I want to try this purely to see how it stands up next to my beloved Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, well that and I do love a good play on words. The EradiKATE Acne Treatment is a biphase treatment that is formulated with zinc, sulfur and AHAs to treat existing breakouts, reduce the appearance of spots and prevent future breakouts. It does look incredibly similar to Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion which I love, so this won't be immediately making it's merry way into my skincare stash but I am definitely intrigued.

Sarah Chapman Skinesis Overnight Facial - £46 from Space NK

I've heard tons of good things about Sarah Chapman's Overnight Facial Oil. Universally loved by bloggers and youtubers alike, this silky smooth oil has been repeatedly dubbed as a good nights sleep in a bottle and promises instant results for smooth, plumped, firm, bright and glowing skin. My dull, grey, pasty complexion is crying out for this miracle worker.

There are a ton of other high end skin care products that I'm dying to try, I basically want everything by Oskia and Sunday Riley, as well as a few picks from Charlotte Tilbury. I just love me some good skincare. What's on you're skin care wish list? Let me know by commenting below - I always reply so check back -, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins