Thursday 8 December 2016

October & November Beauty Favourites 2016







The last couple of weeks have seen me completely lose all motivation for anything other than snuggling up under a duvet and watching I'm a Celebrity. It's the time of year, November always makes me want to take to my bed and stay there until April, only briefly emerging for Christmas. So it's safe to say blogging has definitely not been a priority, anything that hasn't been finding food/tea and wearing my comfies hasn't been a priority. But I have managed to get some motivation to share my Favourites for the last couple of months with you. Now I didn't have a lot of favourites back in October and I didn't have a lot of beauty favourites in November either, so it just made sense to combine them.

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter - £10 from The Body Shop


Now I'm fairly loyal to Oskia's Renaissance Cleansing Gel, it's incredible stuff, but at £28 a pop it's not exactly affordable, even if it is a gift from the beauty gods for my troubled skin. I'm running out of it, and with Christmas looming large and expensively ahead, now is not the time to be re-purchasing. I've been using The Body Shop's Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter instead and it's really nice. It's a balm cleanser that breaks down into an oil almost immediately when worked into the skin. It removes all traces of make up, including waterproof mascara/eyeliner, effortlessly whilst being really gentle on the skin. I don't tend to try a lot of new skincare products. I have a particularly tricksy skin type (dry and sensitive but still blackhead and acne prone - explain that?!) that is easily angered, but I haven't had a bad reaction to this. It's really nice, it smells lovely and it's really moisturising, which is very good for my thirsty complexion.

Good Things Manuka Honey Daily Moisturiser - £5.33 from Boots

It is so cold at the moment that I've had to have my heating on constantly. Which is nice, because I love being cosy all the time, but my skin has taken a bit of a beating because of it. It's so dry. This moisturiser has been a skin-saving hero! The rich formula is free from parabens and contains a ton of natural ingredients, with royal jelly and beeswax to intensely hydrate, extract of echinacea to renew and increase skin longevity, bee venom to boost collagen production and manuka honey for it's antibacterial, skin clearing properties. It's very creamy and thick but doesn't feel heavy. It just feels really nice on the skin, like I can actually feel it quenching my parched chops. I've been using it everyday for nearly two months and it really has made such a difference to my skin. It feels nourished and plumped, and it has definitely added a bit of a glow too. It also smells incredible! Just like honey.

Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser - £2.80 for 400ml from Tesco

I think we can all agree that moisturising your entire body is a massive pain in the arse. Seriously who has the time? I certainly don't. But as the weather's turned I've started to resemble a crocodile from the neck down, and my skin has been in dire need of some hydration. Enter the Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser, which I think might be the easiest way to get me to moisturise regularly. Now it isn't the best body lotion in the world but it's so quick and easy to use that it more than makes up for it. You just apply it in the shower after washing,  leave it for a minute and then rinse it off. I've been using it for a couple of weeks and my skin feels soft, hydrated and not at all reptilian. Winning.

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Blackberry - £3.99 from Boots

The Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints are amongst my favourites on the high street, second only to Revlon's Colorstay Gel Envy polishes. I haven't really painted my nails in a long time, long gone are the days when I couldn't bear to look at chipped nails and would change my nail colour every day. Now I either have naked nails or I paint them maybe once a month and then I'll leave them until the polish chips off completely, which drives me crazy but not enough to actually do something about it. Anyway when I have been bothered to paint my nails recently Barry M's Blackberry is the polish I've been reaching for. Shockingly it's blue, blue nails are very 'on brand' for me. I actually have no idea why they named it Blackberry as it's a really dark, inky blue that looks nothing like a blackberry. I still love it though. It's a gorgeous colour, has good wear time, about 4 days, and being part of Barry M's Gelly Hi Shine collection means that it leaves a plumped and super glossy finish. It's also completely opaque in one coat, but it does look better with two.

Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette in Nude & Nude Grey - £3.99 from Boots

Collection's Eyes Uncovered Palettes are pretty spot on dupes for Urban Decay's Naked Basics palettes, with the only real difference being about £19 in price. Obviously there is a difference in quality as well, but it's really not very much. Collection is one of the best budget brands going and these eyeshadow palettes really live up to that. The quality is excellent, especially when you consider how cheap they are. They're pigmented with good colour pay off, soft in texture, blendable and the colours are beautiful and wearable. Retailing at only £3.99 they are an amazing budget option. There are six different palettes available: Nude, Nude Grey, Nude Bronze, Nude Rose, Smokey Purple and Smokey Grey, and whilst I have my beady eye on all of them, I think the Nude Bronze palette will be the next one to make it's way in to my possession. At the moment I have Nude and Nude Grey and I've been using them an absolute ton, even reaching for them on a daily basis. The Nude palette is made up of 6 everyday neutral shades and is probably my most used out of the two. I've been using Nude Grey more for evening looks because it has some darker and more smokey shades.

Collection Velvet Kiss Moisturising Lip Cream in Cotton Candy & Mulberry - £2.99 from Boots

Speaking of Collection absolutely killing it in the budget make up stakes, let's have a chat about their latest release to hit the shelves. I'm talking about the Velvet Kiss Moisturising Lip Creams, which are seriously incredible. I think they might have become my favourite matte liquid lipsticks, even beating out my beloved Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets, and believe me I do not say that lightly. They have a really light texture that is so comfortable to wear, it doesn't feel like you've got anything on your lips at all. You'd think this would have an impact on the finish but it doesn't, they have an insane amount of pigment and the colour pay off is really beautiful. They also have incredible wear time. I'm talking the kind of wear time that is still perfect after 5 hours of wear and a lot of food and drink. They're incredible. There are six shades in the collection: Cream Caramel, Cotton Candy, Mango, Rosie, Mulberry and Blackberry. I currently only have two of them: Cotton Candy - a soft pink, and Mulberry - a deep plum, but I have worn them so much, particularly Cotton Candy which on me is more of a rosy nude, and I seriously love them. I can't wait to try out the rest of the collection.

What are your Beauty Favourites? Let me know by commenting below - I always reply so check back -, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins