Tuesday 5 April 2016

L'Oréal True Match Foundation: Then & Now





L'Oréal's True Match Foundation in Rose Ivory - £9.99 for 30 ml from boots

L'Oréal's True Match Foundation is a firm favourite of mine, one could even say it is my favourite foundation. In fact I have said that... many times. So when they reformulated it last year I was a bit put out, my thinking was if it ain't broke don't fix it, and I was reluctant to try the new one. But with my last bottle of the original formula running low I figured it was time to bite the bullet and try out the new formula.

L'Oréal's True Match is a classic! It's long lasting with a medium but buildable coverage. It mimics the skin leaving a really fresh and glowy, but most importantly, flawless and natural finish. It's a good great skin day in a bottle. The original formulation was so good that L'Oréal didn't feel the need to change it in 10 YEARS! As in an actual decade! So why the sudden change of heart and formula? And more importantly what's changed?

To answer the first question I don't know why the change of heart. Maybe the market's changed. Maybe L'Oréal felt like shaking it up a bit. Who can say? But what I can tell you is that I LOVE the new formula. It's not as long lasting or as covering as the original but there's really not a lot in it. It's lighter on the skin due to the addition of oil, which has seriously improved the level of moisture, making it so comfortable to wear. It has the same finish, natural, glowy and gorgeous, and new pigments, or shade enhancers, have been added to create a perfect match for both tone and texture. The formula is a little bit more liquid than the original, and, as I've said, is less covering but it makes for the perfect everyday base.  The original formula was my go to for an evening look (and still is)  due to it's lasting power and general awesomeness, whereas I am more inclined to rock the new one during the day due to it's lighter feel and flawless finish. It's a really lovely foundation.

I'm still a HUGE fan of the original True Match, but I have to I am really loving the new version.

Have you tried the new True Match? Thoughts? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins