Wednesday 7 February 2018

2017 Beauty Favourites Part 2





My last post (read it here) barely scratched the surface of the beauty loves I discovered last year. Here's the rest of them. Enjoy!
MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash Mascara - £20 at MAC

When it comes to mascara I really only want it to do one thing, volumise! If a mascara is a good all rounder and curls, lengthens and volumises then that's great, and I'll probably be obsessed with it. But if I had to choose only one then it has to be volume, and boy does this mascara deliver it. This mascara is ridiculously named - seriously I don't want  to have to type that out again - but it is the bees knees. I love it, so much so that I have two of them and they're both being used. 

The beauty of this mascara is in it's formula, which is the closest you could get to being waterproof, without actually being waterproof. It sticks around but isn't a total nightmare to take off. It doesn't smudge, it doesn't flake, it doesn't transfer, and it really does add an absolute ton of volume to my lashes. It also holds a curl really well and leaves my lashes looking long, defined and doll-like. Like I said, I super love it. 

Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream SPF 30 - £82 at Elemis

As I get older I get more and more worried about the effects of sun damage on my, already fairly shit, skin. Over the past few years my skin has been a sensitive, dry, hormonal acne-ridden nightmare. The last thing I need to worry about on top of all that is premature ageing, so sun protection has become very, very important to me. 

Even now, in the bleak midwinter, I want to protect my face from any stray UVA/B rays.  Enter Elemis’ Pro Collagen Marine Cream SPF30! Now I was already a fan of the original formulation of this moisturiser, I’ve gone through multiple pots of the staff in the past year alone, but when they added an SPF it achieved Holy Grail status in my beauty stash. The new formulation contains a micronised sunscreen that protects the skin from UVA/UVB rays. It's super hydrating, fast absorbing, doesn't leave a white cast on the skin, and it smells phenomenal. 

Beauty Pie Good Skin Foundation - £30/£5.56 at Beautypie

Beauty Pie is a fairly unique concept in the beauty industry. It's a subscription service where subscribers pay £10 a month and can then buy Beauty Pie products at factory prices. I tested it out in the middle of last year, and whilst I'm a bit divided when it comes to the concept - there are some limitations to it - I can't fault this foundation. I use it everyday. It is fabulous. It has quite a liquid consistency and blends flawlessly into the skin. The coverage is more medium than I would usually go for, I definitely need more of a full coverage, but it is buildable, and has a lovely fresh matte finish. I really, really like it, and I'm dreading running out of it, because then I'll have to resubscribe to Beauty Pie.

Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation in Opal - £20 at Boots

I bought this after watching Lisa Eldridge use it in a video to flawlessly cover acne (watch it here), my skin was at its absolute worst at the time, and I very quickly fell in love with it. Because it's amazing! It's designed to cover acne, blemishes, scarring, rosacea, dark circles and tattoos, it's very covering. without being drying or cake-y. It has a really nice liquid-y texture, it's so comfortable to wear, is non-comedogenic so doesn't break me out and it blends flawlessly into the skin. I honestly, cannot stress how amazing it is. If you have problem skin then you need to get this. 

Milani Powder Blush in Tea Rose - £12 at Beauty Bay

I got this when I went to Florida back in June and have used it pretty much everyday since. I'd heard loads of universally good things about the Milani Powder Blushes before I went, so when I saw it in Target I absolutely had to have it. It's just so pretty! That rose pattern tho! I chose Tea Rose because it's a pretty soft pink shade, that is a fairly solid dupe for my beloved MAC Dame blush. It's finely milled and well-pigmented, which means it's quite easy to go OTT with it, so you do need to use a light hand, but it's super blendable and really perks up my pasty pallor.

Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner - £5.99 at Boots

Long time readers will know that I am straight up obsessed with Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, well Maybelline's Master Precise liner is the drug store equivalent. And it is bloody good. Is it as good as my beloved Stila liner? No, but it's close. This has a long flexible nib, similar to the Stila one, that makes for clean, precise application, with no skipping or dragging. It also has a really nice formula that doesn't smudge or flake.

NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil in Ash Brown - £8 at Boots

When it comes to my eyebrows I'm pretty loyal to my beloved Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade, or I was until I discovered the NYX Micro Brow Pencil, which coincidentally happens to be a dupe for the ABH Brow Wiz. While I still love my Dipbrow Pomade, I love this for two reasons. 1. I do my make up on the bus on my way in to work every morning, including my brows, this is handy af for that reason! 2. The waxy nib makes it really easy to fill in any sparseness, while the spooly is good for taming any stray hairs and blending the product. It's awesome.

What were your favourites from last year? 

xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins