Thursday 29 October 2015

Lipstick Queen Liquid Assets Vesuvian Collection: Review & Swatches



Lipstick Queen's Liquid Assets Vesuvian Collection - available individually from £13.20 from feelunique.com or £12.99 for the set in store at T.K. Maxx, subject to availability. 

On one of, now weekly, excursions to the beauty aisles in T.K. Maxx I discovered Lipstick Queens Liquid Assests Vesuvius Collection. Having never tried Lipstick Queen before, and being a self proclaimed Lipstick Queen,  I was curious so into my basket it went. Containing three liquid lipsticks in three versatile shades: Vesuvian Blush - a peachy nude, Vesuvian Fuchsia - a sassy hot pink and Vesuvian Red - a rich and beautiful scarlet, the Vesuvius Collection is a complete lipstick wardrobe, catering for all occasions. Now when it comes to bold lips I like my finishes matte and my colours cool toned. So the red and fuchsia are right in my blue-toned lipstick loving wheelhouse - the nude wasn't really my thing so I ended up giving it to my mum - the high shine finish,  although not normally my cup of tea, did make a nice change. 

Whilst not the most long lasting  the formula is quite lovely; moisturising and comfortable to wear, with unbelievable pigmentation and a high shine but non-sticky finish PLUS it smells like peppermint, which is amazing. It claims that the formula 'protects and pampers the lips in a single moisturising, and stickiness free slick' and I have to agree . However the finish means that it does have a lot of slip and movement to it, occasionally bleeding into the lipline, and it doesn't stick around for long if food or drink is involved.I really liked the packaging as well, as it is sleek and slimline, with the product being twisted up and dispensed through a nylon brush, for an even and tidy application and a neater finish. 

Overall I really liked the lipsticks. No I probably won't be reaching for them on a daily basis, matte formulas being way more my thing, but I will definitely be using them on special occasions or a night out. 

Have you tried Lipstick Queen's Liquid Assets? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for updates. 

Love love love xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins